Welcome to the Guyana Tourism Authority and our Travel Trade website! Tourism in Guyana is conservatively estimated to be a US$123 million industry. Our industry directly and indirectly generates thousands of jobs in Guyana. As one of the top export industries and a key driver in Guyana’s economy, what we and what you do every day to support tourism matters and it matters a lot. We can achieve much more together than we can independently. That’s why we created this online resource to help you achieve more.
Whether it’s training and licensing, providing marketing support, or helping to facilitate the development of new tourism products, our aim is to provide resources to support the work that you do. Learn more about the Guyana Tourism Authority, and let us know how we’re doing. We’d love to hear from you!
- Training & Licensing
- Standards & Policies
- Reports & Projects
The Guyana Tourism Authority (GTA), operating under the Ministry of Tourism, Industry and Commerce , is a semi-autonomous
governmental organisation responsible for developing and promoting sustainable tourism in Guyana.
Our Mission is to develop and promote sustainable tourism in Guyana through collaboration to maximise local socio-economic and conservation outcomes and improve the travellers’ experience.
Our Vision 2025 is to be recognised locally and internationally as a premier destination for protecting its natural and cultural heritage, providing authentic experiences, and maximising local economic benefits.
In order to achieve our mission and realise our vision, we have four organizational objectives and priorities set for each of them:
1. Raise the Profile and Impact of the GTA
· Increase Operational Efficiencies and Organisational Effectiveness
· Update Tourism Regulations
· Make Licensing More Accessible
· Improve Employee Quality of Work Life
2. Optimise Nationwide Socio-economic and Conservation Outcomes from Tourism
· Establish Partnerships with the Tourism Private Sector
· Increase Alignment with other Ministries and sister agencies
· Take Marketing and Communications to the next level
3. Champion the Value of Tourism
· Strengthen Data Collection and Aggregation
· Support the Improvement of Tourism Policy Environment
4. Support and Empower Guyana’s Tourism Industry and Communities
· Strengthen GTA’s Approach to Training
· Support Product Development based on Market Demand and Guyana’s Strengths
· Secure External Funding to Support Implementation
We actively partner with key stakeholders linked to travel and tourism. For more information, review the list below or contact us to explore opportunities for collaboration.
· Conservation International Guyana
· Department of Environment
· Department of Tourism
· Iwokrama International Centre
· Ministry of Amerindian Affairs (Indigenous Peoples)
· North Rupununi District Development Board
· Protected Areas Commission
· South Rupununi Conservation Society
· Tourism and Hospitality Association of Guyana
· Visit Rupununi
· World Wildlife Fund Guianas
The Guyana Tourism Authority has contracted Emerging Destinations in partnership with Green Team Global to represent Guyana in the North American Market and Fastforward Marketing, a subsidiary of Travelmarketing Romberg to represent Guyana in the German Market. These companies are responsible for strengthening and expanding Guyana’s distribution networks in both the core and investment markets.
Details of the companies are listed below:
Ms. Jane Behrend
Ms. Kate McWilliams