St. Andrew’s Kirk
The oldest church in town (built in 1818) has a conspicuous Dutch stamp – its name. The word ‘kirk’ gives away the fact that this church was built by Guyana’s first colonisers. St. Andrew’s other imprint is its wooden architecture, which makes the church an alluring site. The church was the only one in the city, where the slaves could pray along with their European masters.
Timings: Dawn to dusk; Entry Fee: Free